Jason
December 19, 2014, 04:25:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 6409 times)
Jason
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: January 25, 2011, 02:40:25 AM »

Write a few lines about yourself as an introduction.  Include who you are, where you're from, your story of how you became interested in barefoot running, etc.
jmbrimley

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:06:37 AM »

Hey guys, I'm John, from good old Utah. I'm currently going to college to be a Firefighter/Paramedic, I started barefoot running after all the running with shoes at the Fire Academy left me with shin splints and IT band problems. I'm still in the beginning stages of the transition, hopefully it finishes out smoothly.
Jason
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 01:22:51 PM »

Hey John, welcome!  I hear Utah has some great trails... I hope to make it out there in the near future!
jock80

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »

Hello folks, just wanted to say hello I'm Jonny from the UK.  A recent convert to mr/bfr been "playing" at it since the summer only started to get more "serious" since Nov completed my first 10mile run at the weekend wearing vff bikilas hoping to take part in the UK barefoot race on the 1st of may!! Been using the barefoot university website for most of my information/tips during the transition period although I know I still have a long way to go!

Cheers

Jonny
jmbrimley

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »

Hey John, welcome!  I hear Utah has some great trails... I hope to make it out there in the near future!
Thanks Jason, you make it out here and be sure to let me know! There are some great trails around here that I'm sure you'd love
Eric_W

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »

Hey my name is Eric and I have just been getting into minimalist/barefoot running.  After struggling with injuries for 2 years, in which i tried a lot of different things, more minimalist running suited me.  I have a pair of vff and they dont stink yet but hopefully ill put enough miles in them so they do.  o and I heard about your site from http://www.runblogger.com/  he has a great site too
trickstar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 12:03:28 PM »

Hi Jason, Phil aka trickstar from Napier Hawkes Bay New Zealand.  I'm a long time triathlete. I started down the road of moving away from running shoes a couple of years ago. I have always been naturally a good runner but I was looking at ways to improve.  It was June last year I started seriously looking at doing it.
jzeigler83

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »

Hi.  I'm John.  I live in Eastern Kentucky.  I guess I wouldn't really call myself a barefoot runner yet, but I'm moving in that direction.  I took up running (in shoes) in August 2009.  I have run barefoot down my driveway a few times (60 yards max), but that is the extent of my unshod experience.  It felt good, but I don't really know what to expect when I go on an actual 'run.'  I plan on trying to start barefoot/minimalist running in the near future and have just been doing some research before I dive in.  I hope to learn a lot here.

Thanks

John
macmhagan

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:44 AM »

Hello I'm Nathan in Arlington, VA.  I have been running minimalist with a little barefoot thrown in for about 8 months.  I've never been a long distance runner, but now with my new form I intend to run a few long races this year.  Definitely a half marathon and perhaps a marathon.  I prefer running trails to road running - but barefoot running has made road running interesting.
a2dan

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »

Hello All,  I'm Dan, from Ann Arbor (just down the road from you, Jason!).  I started minimalist running last year, fell in love with it, had a great experience, and then messed up by increasing my mileage too quickly and developed achilles tendinitis.  After pt, I've just started running again, short distances and paying attention to my form as best I can.  Running in EvoII's right now because of the snow, and plan on doing no more than maintenance mileage (< 3miles) until the weather warms enough to run barefoot.  Just bought your book, Jason, so I can do my homework before I start increasing miles.
nharrison

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 08:32:34 AM »

Hey all, my name is Noah, and I'm a Physical Therapist from southern Maine area. I became interested in barefoot/minimlist running in the last year both as a runner and as a professional. I have witnessed it help both myself and many others run again pain free and with great mechanics. I'm very interested in hearing everyone's stories, trials, troubles and successes with running/classically shod/mr/bfr (help me help others!).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:38:36 AM by nharrison » Logged
Kentox

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:50 AM »

Kent from Sydney,Australia. Started back into running in mid August 2010, read Born to Run and started barefoot running 1st September 2010! Started with VFF Classics and would take them off at the end of a run and do a little bit of barefooting and gradually built up to mid November where I am now totally barefoot on all of my runs Grin. Hoping to do my first half marathon in May and of course barefoot.
dmcchesney

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 07:14:36 PM »

Hello I am Dave McChesney out of Flint, MI. I go to Kettering University (former GMI) and studying Electrical Engineering. I wrestled in high school and hated running and hated practice because of it. When I went to college I said I want to run the 10 Mile Crim Race. I signed up and trained in those, according to Jason, feet coffins for a few months. One month in I bought a pair of VFF KSO's and wore those everyday but still trained in my Adidas's. After 6 miles in the race I hurt my hip due to heel striking to hard... go figure! So after the disappointment of walking/running the last little bit I looked into running in my VFF and then this winter I decided to go completely barefoot and loving every single mile of it!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: