This has been a busy week, hence the shortage of posts. My message in boxes are piling up quickly and the chores are falling by the wayside.
In the news:
- Shelly and I, along with our awesome friends Krista Cavender, Jon Sanregret, paced and crewed Jesse Scott to his first 100 miler at Tahoe Rim this last weekend. Jesse kicked ass! I’ll try to write a crew report as soon as possible, though I may have to clear it with my fellow crew members first. If you’re friends with us on Facebook, you probably got a pretty good preview of the epic hijinks.
[EDIT- Check out Krista's scandalous report here: Boobs and chicks making out report. Note for anyone that volunteers to crew with us: it's best if you have loose morals.]
- We traveled from Truckee, CA to Grand Junction, CO for the Grand Mesa 100 miler this weekend. I’m frantically trying to prepare all that is needed for the race. I fondly remember the days when I didn’t wait until the absolute last moment to do such things…
- We will be holding a clinic at 32nd West in Denver (3719 32nd West, 303.728.9002) at 6pm on Tuesday, July 31st. To all those that attend, I preemptively apologize for hobbling from Grand Mesa.
- After the Denver clinic, I’ll be traveling to New York City to participate in REI’s Summer Streets Event in Soho on Saturday, August 4th. If you’re near the city, stop by! I hear it’s a super cool event. I’ll be at the Merrell tent.
- Next we’ll be heading back to Michigan for a few days before flying back to Colorado to run the six day Gore-Tex Trans Rockies stage race. Shelly and I will be running it as a team. We’re pumped; it should be quite an adventure!
- Our next big adventure will be the Merrell Down and Dirty mud race in Detroit on August 26th. Shelly and I will both be hanging out at the Merrell tent to coach anyone interested in improving their running form. These events are a blast, I highly recommend them!
- My book will be released on August 28th!
- Our last Michigan event of 2012 will be the Woodstock Trail Running Festival in Pinckney, MI from September 7th to the 9th. I haven’t registered for a race yet… the distance will depend on Grand Mesa this weekend. They have distances from a 5k all the way up to a 100 miler.
- After that, I’ll be doing a clinic in Bozeman, MT and Idaho Falls, ID (details coming soon), the Grindstone 100 miler, a clinic in Cary, NC, the Atlanta Down and Dirty, Shelly is running the Pumpkin Holler 100 miler in Oklahoma, we’ll be at the Sacramento, CA Down and Dirty, the Chimera 100 miler in Southern California, and Across the Years in Phoenix for New Years. We’ll probably have a few more clinics in there; stay tuned for details!
It’s been a hectic few weeks… lots of ups and one serious downs. I got to spend a lot of time with great friends on amazing trails, but also had to deal with the death of my grandmother this last weekend. I don’t usually go into these kind of personal details, but it is a serious downside to our lifestyle. Since we have a tight schedule and limited mobility, I can’t be with the rest of my family. Ninety nine percent of the time being a nomadic hobo is awesome… but that remaining 1% sucks.