The 2012 Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival is shaping up to be the biggest spring barefoot party in the country! Last year’s event was awesome- two days of running, meeting other barefoot runners, eating great food, listening to great music, and drinking awesome beer! It’s one of the few events we attended that immediately became a “must-do” event.
As such, Shelly and I will be there this year. I talked to Erik Boucher, one of the race directors, and he gave me some tantalizing details for this year’s event, including:
- Free beer to all participants and volunteers courtesy Smuttynose Brewing Company on both Saturday and Sunday,
- BBQ served both Saturday and Sunday,
- Seminars about beer making, yoga (think hot ladies in yoga pants), and good running form (last one taught by me, though I probably won’t be wearing yoga pants)
- A ton of race options, from a 5k, barefoot 5k, 5k canicross, 10k, 25k, 50k, and 50 miler. There’s a distance for everyone!
- A video contest, which you can vote for here: VIDEO CONTEST You can also check out the videos to get a feel for last year’s event.
- Saturday events for the kiddies.
- FREE BEER!
The event is also an official Barefoot Runners Society meetup, so you’ll have a chance to meet a ton of barefoot runners from chapters all over the country. We already have a huge group of barefoot runners attending. Here’s our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/events/295621687180745/. If you’re planning on attending, let us know!
Also, check out Krista Cavendar’s sweet-ass shirt many of us will be wearing:
Here’s the actual event Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/events/239431539483524/.