California is one of the premier trail running destinations in the world. Shelly and I are going to try to pack as much running as we can in the roughly two months we have in the state. Here are the runs we’re planing or considering:
- Group run with the Movin Shoes “Mountain Monthly” trail running group for a few hours out on the Pacific Coast Trail this Sunday (Feb. 19th). We’ll meet at the La Mesa store at 8am, then carpool to the trail. Anyone is welcome to join us… it’s a great opportunity to let Shelly and I bore you for a few hours out on beautiful trails!
- Cactus to Clouds climb up Mt. San Jacinto near Palm Springs, CA. (early April)
- Run up Mt. Whitney near Lone Pine, CA (early April)
- Run the two Western States canyons- Deadwood and El Dorado (mid-March)
- American River 50 training run, March 17th starting in Auburn, CA. This one is still tentative, Shelly and I (and Krista, Pablo, Shacky, and Vanessa) are running the Rodeo Valley 50k the next day.
That’s all we have right now. Any suggestions? The criteria:
- The greater the elevation gain the better,
- The more technical trails the better,
- The greater the scenery the better.
Also, check out the new Merrell Bareform video we did this last fall:
Additional note-the Barefoot Runners Society has moved to: http://thebarefootrunners.org/. Update all those bookmarks and links!