I won’t have a chance to write a formal race report for a few days, but I did want to share some thoughts. I managed to finish in 23:39, which beat my previous 100 mile PR by about four hours. I have a ton of people to thank:
- Shelly: My crew chief and the closer for pacing duties. Shelly is the reason I was able to do this in the first place.
- Jeremiah Cataldo: Paced me for about thirty miles. When he started, I was 50 minutes over the 24 hour cutoff. When he handed pacing over to Shelly, I think we were about 15 minutes under the cutoff.
- Mark Robillard and Michael Helton: My crew… they did the behind-the-scenes work that kept things running smoothly.
- Jesse Scott: My primary ultra training partner. Jesse makes me faster.
- Brandon Mulnix: Gave us tons of recon and course information, which was invaluable for the crew. And he motivated me by complaining about having to wait around at the finish line for me to finish after his runner finished (he paced someone else… who finished over 4 hours after I did.) 🙂
It was am amazing experience I will never forget. The full race report will include some pictures and video. I’ll start working on it as soon as I decompress and recover.