Thank you to those of you that helped spread the word about the second edition of The Barefoot Running Book and agreed with my goals I outlined in the last post. At the time of this writing, it was downloaded approximately 7,000 times. I have to admit, this was much more than I anticipated, which is awesome!
Some people expressed guilt about downloading it for free. For those of you that downloaded it, please do not feel guilt. I want nothing in return. Being able to give away the book is one of the major reasons I turned down offers to have the book published by a traditional publisher. Instead of paying me back, pay it forward. Specifically, do one or more of the following:
1. Share what you learn with anyone that may be interested. This is the absolute most important thing you can do. After reading through the book, you will have more than enough knowledge to answer questions from others whether they are interested in barefoot or minimalist shoe running. SHARE!
2. Start a blog. Documenting your own journey not only shares your experiences with others, but the self-reflection needed to write a blog can be invaluable to your development as a runner. Or a person. Regardless, start writing! I recommend blogger.com or wordpress.com. Once you start a blog, share it with the rest of us!
3. Participate in online communities. I recommend the following (my favorites):
- Barefoot Runners Society
- Runners World Barefoot Running Forum
- Barefoot Ted’s Huaraches Google Group
- BirthdayShoes forums
4. Check out the other barefoot running books out there. When the goal is to change the world, there is no such thing as competitors.
- Barefoot Running Step by Step, Ken Bob Saxton
- Barefoot Running: How to run light and free by getting in touch with the Earth, Michael Sandler
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Barefoot Running, Richards and Hollowell
- The Barefoot Book, Daniel Howell
5. Help me teach. Okay, this next list is entirely self-serving… I want to make our barefoot and minimalist shoe running community as connected as possible.
- Link to Barefoot Running University if you have a blog or website
- Follow me on Twitter (@barefootjason)
- Find me on Facebook (http://facebook.com/robillardj)
- Consider attending one of the events Shelly and I will be attending this summer through December. Our schedule will be posted on our blog dedicated to our travels
- Should you find The Barefoot Running Book useful, ask your local running store or library about carrying the printed version of the book. If they are interested, they can contact me at barefootchronicles “at” gmail “dot” com.
- Consider writing a review on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for The Barefoot Running Book.
Thank you again for everything all of you have done, it is greatly appreciated!